Volunteer with JFJ
Who can apply?
Jamaicans For Justice accepts applications from aone interested in volunteering their services to the organisation. All applications received will be considered. For structured internships, visit
How to apply?
Persons interested in volunteering with JFJ can apply to volunteer by emailing [email protected] with their areas of interest and resumes. Upon JFJ receiving an application, the skill set of the applicant will be reviewed in order to place the volunteer where their skills are best suited.
Typical volunteer work
The tasks undertaken by volunteers depend on the their skills and qualifications, but may include:
- researching and compiling data in a database
- filing documents
- providing legal assistance
- legal research
- working on a special project such as a documentary or a television show
- writing and submitting reports to national and international organisations
- producing human rights training material for specific populations
- hosting workshops and/or presentations
- helping the administration and the accountability departments
- organising and participating in JFJ events
- and helping to fundraise
Founded in 1999, Jamaicans for Justice (JFJ) is a non-government human rights and social justice organisation. JFJ serves hundreds of Jamaicans each year by providing legal services in response to human rights violations, working on legislation and policy, campaigning for social justice causes, and conducting high-impact research that shape the national human rights agenda.
Follow us on Social Media